Monday, May 17

May 17th

Statistically May 17th has set a record high temperature for the last several years in the Sacramento area. How do I know this? I came into work this morning and the entire building was frigid. The maintenance staff had purposely turned the heater off and set the AC to run to prepare for the hot day.

Well, instead of being hot, it was overcast and cool. A brisk breeze made it feel even colder. Outside temperature was 64 degrees.



Lee wrote:

There's nothing like some nice chilled watermelon to help you deal with the heat of Sacramento in late May! Now that I've eaten some, I don't even notice how hot it is! It seems that I have been transported to some mild coastal place, where the light breeze and cloud cover keep the sun at bay. Oh, you magical melon, where do you get such magical properties? What could enable you to make a mid May day in Sacramento feel so mild? Do you come from some distant land where farmers have wizardly powers and spend their days infusing the crops with supernatural abilities?



Hmm. The sticker says "Product of Mexico."

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts