(written by Lee)
So, today being June, 12 2009, the deadline for the changeover to digital only television broadcasts, all of the local news shows were brimming with excitement and talk of the big switch. I turned to Abby and asked "Are you ready for the digital conversion?" She just furrowed her brows and scowled at me. I took that to mean that she was not ready, and that she had no intention of getting ready.
Later in the day, she was on the floor playing with one of her little piano toys. She asked if I would like to hear some music. I said that that would be great. She proceeded to make the toy play a song, and we bobbed and danced along. The song ended, and an extended silence followed. I asked her if she was going to play some more music. She said, "It's a converter box." I laughed and said "Oh, really?" She said "I have to connect the converter box to the antenna so it will work!"
So, I guess I was wrong. She was preparing for digital TV after all. Apparently she was just offended that I was pointing out that she waited until the last minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts