So, a day or two later, we went back to Target to buy the toy. Lee was a little disappointed that it was such an infantile toy, ages 1+, but he'll support anything that fosters a love for music. Abby was so excited. With one hand, she handed the balled up one dollar bill to the check out girl and with the other hand she picked her nose.
Abby is always picking her nose lately. We can't seem to make her stop. This last Sunday when she went out with me to go to the hair dressers, she spoke to the lady cutting my hair with her finger up her nose. Then, when I paid for the cut, Abby spoke to the clerk with yet more fingers up her nose.
I went to Ross later that day. When I told Abby where we were, she said, "The people on TV say the savings are unbeatable." Excuse me, what? "The savings are unbeatable." (I can't tell you how cute it was to hear her little voice wrap itself around the word 'unbeatable.') I must admit that I am so out of it when it comes to commercials and most ads. I usually have no clue what the latest tag line or slogan is. And I had no idea that Ross' new line was 'the savings are unbeatable' but I didn't doubt that that was what Abby had heard on TV. How distressing that she picked that up. Inside, the dressing room attendant told Abby that she liked her sunglasses and Abby immediately put her finger up her nose before she replied. Hmmm, maybe it's like a security blanket and she simply has to do it before being brave enough to respond to people talking to her. I don't know. Of course, when we went to Grammy's for a short visit, Abby had her fingers up her nose the whole time there too. Kids!
When we were driving down the road, on the way home, Abby said, "Look! Taco Bell." I glanced in the rear view mirror. One finger was pointing out the window and one finger was stuffed up her nose. Are you kidding me? And she was right. We rarely eat at Taco Bell, maybe twice a month if that, but she's got the logo down. Darn it all, she's been branded.
Abby was pretty sick last Thursday. She was running a high temp, more than 100, and she looked extremely limp. Late in the day, I was afraid we would have to take her to the doctors because she was just sooooooo wiped out. We got a lot of fluids into her and then some children's Tylenol. She perked up after that. Less than a day later her fever broke. I'm pretty certain it was the swine flu thing. It's been going around pretty strong at work. They say now that if you have a high fever with a cold, then there's a 90% chance that it's the H1N1 bug. And of course, of course, as soon as Abby started to feel better both Lee and I started to feel horrible. We got sick too, but it was incredibly brief.
So anyway, now that Abby has been sick, she's really been digging for gold. One night, as we were snuggling just before bed, Abby asked me what colors boogers can be. Clear, yellow, green and even brown. Brown, Abby asked. Sure, I said. After going for a ride in Uncle Mikey's open top Landcruiser, over the hills and through the woods, my boogers turn brown for at least two days!
(P.S. - I apologize to no one for this blog. If you're squeamish about it, than you're obviously not a mom!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts