Actually, pretty good.
I'm really bummed though. Typically, I should be gearing up for a security conference taking place in Anaheim, CA. You know, right outside of Disneyland. Typically, my company would foot the bill for hotels, food and drink, the conference itself, and any sort of training classes I might need. Typically, I would even be allowed to take my family with me. Typically, I would only have to pay for my family's Disneyland tickets and we could have had an awesome, practically half priced, vacation to Disneyland. Typically, though, we don't have this sort of rough economy and thus a restriction on all business travel. And shame on me for even complaining that I can't go to Disneyland this year. Instead, I should be thankful I even have a job.
Naw, my company has been pretty good to me. This year alone I've gotten quite a few gift cards - appreciation for a job or special project done well. The best was a Morton's Steak House gift card for $100! Yum yum! We're saving it for a night out on our anniversary. Then there's the 4 free football tickets I got for November. 49ers vs. the Bears. Lee is so excited. Thankfully I don't have to go! And this last Friday we went to the CA State Fair for a team building day. How cool is that? We even checked out their security system - very different than ours considering they deal with the public and they incorporate police into their set-up.
I've been learning many neat new things too. I have a lot more interaction with upper management and I'm brought on board with special projects too. I've recently been learning about check fraud. Check out this cool article if you're interested. I was also a part of touring and evaluating one of our facilities that needed to increase their security. I completed a full report, including a thorough detail of local crime statistics for the last four months, an assessment of risks and threats of their campus and building, and good photos to add in. I got to write the whole thing and pass it up for final approval. My manager liked it all, only added in a few details, and turned it in to upper management. I got all the credit. I was pretty proud.
All in all, I'm pretty happy here. If only I could have taken my family to Disneyland. Sigh...............
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts