Here it is:
Okay, so the picture doesn't really do it justice. It just looks like a red blob.
Here it is on Abby:
(She's looking at an airplane.)
You get a better idea of it, but it still doesn't look like much. In case you haven't read the older posts, any guesses on what she's suppose to be? If you guessed a ladybug then you're right. If you guessed something else, I'm not too surprised because it just didn't come out as well as I hoped.
I changed the recipe, if you will, of the first tutu and I just shouldn't have messed with it. First, I used a smaller/thinner ribbon for the belt. It was all I had from my scrap pile. I think the thinner ribbon made a surprisingly large difference. The support and sturdiness isn't there for all that tulle to hang off of. Second, I meant for the skirt to be shorter. I swear I cut it shorter than the first one, but it wound up coming out longer. How? Maybe she shrank? Who the heck knows! It's crazy. Third, I knew the addition of the black spots would be a challenge but I felt I could manage it. Apparently not. In direct lighting they look like bull's eyes.
Sigh.
If you turn off all the lights, the costume looks great...
Anyway, here she is with the full set up (and a wooden box - don't ask me why she couldn't set it down for the photo - I don't know.)
Oh, and I've since painted the white spots black on the wings so that they'll match the skirt better. Still waiting for those to dry...
Not too bad once it's all together I suppose. Abby loves it anyway, so I guess I'm good. I'll take more pictures on the day of Halloween.
My fingers are crossed that she actually wears the costume on Halloween night!
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts