Have you heard? We're house hunting.
Officially.
We've been approved for a loan. We have a lender. We have a realtor. We've even started looking at houses - in person, not just online at pictures.
Wow. This is a huge step for us.
We're scared, and nervous, and depressed, and excited, and dreaming, and exhausted. We're both one giant ball of wrecked nerves. But we're doing it. One shaky step at a time.
Lee's been amazing. I'm going through a rough time at work - my big CPP test is next week, I'm a project manager setting up a new building with a full security system through three vendors, I'm planning a business trip - with classes - to Vegas in a month, and my department is currently being audited by a national company. I'm waaaaaaaaay preoccupied at work right now, and Lee has been wonderful. He's been doing the bulk of the house searching. He's online looking as soon as Abby's head hits the pillow. He sends me emails at work of his latest picks. He communicates to the realtor. He asks questions about what I want in a house or a yard or a location.
And I trust him completely. And I trust our realtor (recommended by a control-freak friend from work). And I trust our lender (another recommendation). So I feel confident and comfortable there. It's just so scary - the responsibility, the heavy weight of the loan, the commitment. Aaaaaaaargh!
What a rush though. To walk into that first house, look around, be pleasantly pleased, and think "I could own this house. Wow!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts