Sunday, April 11

Rainy Days Are Made for PBS


PBS is amazing.

I love it. It's true.

Forget about its awesome kid programming. Forget about its educational pieces. Forget about its world traveling, holy-cow-who-has-ever-seen-THAT-before documentaries. I love its cultural, Americana, being-a-part-of-a-larger-community feeling that seems to come with all of its programming.

Want to know our most recent favorite shows?

This Emotional Life is a three part series that explores human emotions and how those emotions dictate our life.
What makes us happy and why? What makes us sad and why? This thing was better than a therapist. So many times throughout the show, Lee and I would turn to each other and say, "Oooooooo, that explains that weird thing you do!" We both really liked it and totally recommend everyone and anyone to watch it.

Another exceptional series was The National Parks: America's Best Idea, directed by Ken Burns. It was 6 episodes long.

Loved it! Six gorgeous episodes filled with beautiful sights, extraordinary history, and personal stories about the average Joe who changed our parks forever. Wow!

The latest one was Pete Segeer: The Power of Song. This man was inspirational. He wrote tons of songs I love, including Turn! Turn! Turn! To Everything There Is a Season. I had no idea this man did so much, impacted American history in so many small ways, and influenced music in so many large ways.

Another song I love, written by Pete.


I love rainy days and PBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts