
We're still enjoying beautiful weather here in California. The sun was out today, the clouds were puffy and white, it sprinkled a little, the clouds blew away, and the day ended with clear skies and a tiny breeze. Wonderful.
After dinner, I offered Abby a special treat if she ate all her veggies and the rest of her meal in a timely fashion. She did great, so I hinted that tonight, our treat would include fire. An outside fire.
"A fire treat?" she asked uncertainly.
"Yep. We're gonna make a fire outside to make a treat," I confirmed with a wiggle of my fingers - like magic.
"Are we going to eat the fire?" She sounded truly concerned that her crazy mother might actually be suggesting that we all eat fire.
Sheesh.
Last weekend I had cleaned my fire pit that I got for Christmas from my loving husband. He knows that I like camping things even when I'm not camping. So the fire pit was all ready to go, and in minutes I had a nice blaze crackling. I pulled S'mores supplies from the cupboards and we were set.

It was a nice, simple, special moment for the family to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts