Thursday, July 29

Don't Bother Me, I'm Reading

Blogging seems too overwhelming right now.

I have decided to microblog - shorter than a full blog, but bigger than a tweet. Maybe I'll feel like blogging again soon.

Lee got me hooked on a book. Well, not just any book. It's a series of books, seven to be exact. I didn't think I'd like them because they're written by Stephen King, one of my least favorite authors. But I like the books. I'm devouring the books. I'm going through them faster than I've gone through a book in a long time.

Have you ever read a book where the story itself pales in comparison to the stunning force of the main character? Or when the opposite occurs? No one character stands out of the story, but they all seemed swept along by the tidal force of destiny (or the plot) moving them mercilessly against their will? Well, for The Dark Tower series, I am riveted by the depth of the main character, Roland. He has his every day moments, but what I'm particularly fascinated by are his titanic strengths and his titanic faults. He can be a hero one minute and then screw up so bad that you don't even like him anymore and even begin to suspect that he might actually be a "bad guy." Then he redeems himself. Fascinating.

So, no blogging for now. I'm busy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts