Thursday, September 2

Calgon - Take Me Away!

We got some paperwork in the mail yesterday that started off "Congratulations on the purchase of your new home at #### Example Street." What?! What the heck was this about? We called our realtor and she said, "Don't sign ANYTHING!" Well, duh. Of course we wouldn't sign it. Considering we hadn't yet bought a house, the whole thing was fishy.

The house in question is a short sale - an ironic name because it's actually the longest type of sale and the most difficult because multiple banks are involved. And since it was regarding that short sale, the sellers had apparently hired a short sale expert - to help push the sale through the morass of bank litigation. I guess they were diligently pushing through all the red tape so well that they sent us the congratulations paperwork. I don't think the paperwork actually means anything, but I took it as a good sign.

The paperwork also mentioned the name of the sellers. There were four names, all of them with the same last name. We interpreted that to mean that the couple that bought the house needed the help of their parents to do so. And now they were loosing the house. Isn't that awful? I felt horrible for them. These times are tough. Apparently it got to me more than I thought. Last night I had a weird dream:



Lee, me, and Abby were crammed into the front seat of the land cruiser - only neither Lee or I was behind the wheel. The dream started just before we entered this wide tunnel, which gently sloped downward.

The car was unmanned but staying perfectly in the middle, like it was on tracks. I vividly remember the cool, dark air rushing past our faces - the doors and roof were off of the cruiser. There was a few spaced lights in the tunnel. I remember looking down at Abs who was smiling as her face went from dark to light, dark to light.

Then I looked forward again, and I saw the tunnel continue downward. Geeze this is a long tunnel, I thought. Then suddenly the tunnel went almost straight down. The cruiser picked up speed. We were almost free falling. It started to swerve with the speed. Suddenly Lee and I realized our danger and we both made a desperate grab for the wheel. Lee got the wheel and kept it straight but neither one of us could reach the pedals. And the tunnel went down even more! And we went even faster.

Just then, the tunnel widened, opening up to reveal a large cavern, all man-made and lighted at the roof. And to our horror we saw people walking on the road - the track we were forced to keep on. And the first person in our way was a little old lady using a walker. Her back was to us and there was no way she could get out of the way in time.

The lane widened just a smidge around her and then tightened back up by a slight turn just past her. Lee was gonna steer the speeding cruiser around her and get back on the track just in time for the turn. It looked like the timing was there, like it might actually work. And then, just before I woke up, the lady started to walk away from us, toward the turn, just fast enough to throw off Lee's timing. We weren't gonna make it!

And then I woke up.


This was Lee's interpretation of my dream:

You are anxious, excited and terrified about buying a house. The realtors and banks have been the ones in "control" and have been keeping us mostly in the dark. For the longest time, it has been as if nothing is happening, and we're just slowly cruising along. Suddenly, things start going out of control! Maybe we can guide ourselves slightly, but we can't stop or even slow the progress once we are set in motion. The "man made" cavern, or village, is full of the oblivious people who are blindly mulling about. The little old lady represents the unfortunate people who are losing their houses. They are standing in our way. We can try to minimize the damage we cause, but they limit our options and force us into a tight spot. Our only options are to run them down or swerve off the road and into greater danger ourselves. I wonder what will happen!


See? I am way too wrapped up into this! I told you my sanity is slipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts