Thursday, November 11

Moved Yet?

Not yet.

We've decided to try the whole "divide and conquer" scheme. We're running outta time and there's too much work to do. The house is NOT kid-friendly right now, so Abby needs to stay out. We're also NOT packed all the way yet either. (Is there an end to all this junk?)

So Lee is going to the new house to spend his day toiling there. He's working on painting, pulling out the old carpet, making sure the sub floor is totally sealed, removing the tiled entry way, and preparing certain other areas for new laminate flooring.

And I'm toiling the day away at the old place packing up all of our stuff. Oh, and watching Abby. But all I can see are boxes, boxes, boxes. I dream of Tetris at night.

Poor Abby. She WAS so excited. Our excitement over the new house had clearly rubbed off on her. But as she watched all of the things she knows disappear into boxes, she became more and more emotional.

"Mommy, I'm VERY use to this place," she said with a quiver in her chin.

"I know, sweetie. I am too."

Abby started to tear up.

"Ah sweetie, do you want to go for a walk?"

She ran into my arms and buried her face in my neck. Then we got ready for a walk.

The trees are changing colors here. This will be a fall to remember.

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited for you guys! Moving is such a big change, especially for little ones. Let me know if I/we can help - packing, moving, whatever! I would love to see you guys! I have been thinking about you a lot the last few months. We haven't seen each other in FOREVER! I miss you! I know you are busy, but if you get a chance, give me a call. We have big trucks if you need help moving or don't want to rent a moving truck. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

UnMaintained Thoughts