Monday, November 8

So Excited!

So I'm standing here in our new house, looking around at the place with a mixture of wonder, pride, fear, and a little bit of uncertainty.

First, I still can't believe we FINALLY got a house.

Second, I really love this house and I'm so happy we could afford it and get it. I'm proud that it's within our budget and that we didn't bite off more than we could chew.

Third, there's soooooo much work to do to get it ready for our family to move in. I keep telling myself "one step at a time," but I'm afraid we won't finish what we need to before my "vacation" is over. (I'm taking some time off at work for the purposes of prepping the house and moving.) And I'm feeling uncertain mostly because we've never owned our own home before. Can we do it? I mean really? Or is there some hidden charge or fee or penalty that will break us? I just don't know. It's kinda terrifying.

But here I stand, in the kitchen of our new home, and I just can't believe it!

Here's Abby making a carpet angel:



And here's Lee using a putty knife to cut a pizza for the gang of helpers we've had over. We didn't have a knife or pizza cutter... Ah, memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts