Thursday, January 20

Surprise!

Unpacking can be a lot of fun. And I'm actually not joking here.

Now, I packed 90% of the stuff for the move. You'd think I pretty much knew what was in every box and package and bag. But that just wasn't the case. There were quite a few things I didn't see. Truth be told, there were a lot of boxes that were never unpacked from the last move. Sad, huh?

So, this time around, in an effort to truly unpack everything, I set about opening every box - every box within a box - every bag - every bag within a bag - and every random container I could find. Thus far, I've found old jewlrey, old momentos, old photos, old sentimental things I forgot I had, and even old craft projects I had started and never finished. Talk about finding buried treasures!

In one box, I found my yarn bag which contained three yarn projects still in progress. One of them was a baby blanket less than a quarter finished. So, I decided to finish the row, add the end trim, and make it a scarf for Abby. She loved it!







Not bad for a forgotten find and 30 minutes worth of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts