Monday, March 28

I Just Love, Love, Love, LOVE Our House!

So we finally had our house warming party. The house looked stunning, if I do say so myself.



And guess, what? The floors were finished in time for the party! Yahoo! And they look fab-u-lous! I’m so proud of Lee. These floors look amazing. I kept thinking that it was taking forever to get the floor finished, but then I thought, hey, we just moved in November. That means that in less than 5 months, with only two weeks off from work, we managed to move, paint, rip out the old carpet, cram in a Thanksgiving holiday and Christmas too, and refloor the entire house? That’s really not bad at all. In fact, for us, that’s super impressive!

And it was wonderful to share our joy with friends and family. Here are just a few snap shots. Funny, though, how no one ever wanted to be in my pictures. Stinkers!

Clean rooms. I just wish I could keep them that way.



Look at that shiny floor!



My home-made “art.”



Decorations at the snack table.



We served deli wraps, panini sandwiches with my own topping creation, chips and veggies plus dip a la Grammy, assorted beverages, and a cheesecake and red velvet cake for dessert. Yum.



And then, two days after the party, Abby got sick. Then, two days after that, I got sick. Then two days after that, Lee got sick. Yuck! We haven’t done a thing since.

Eh, we probably needed the break. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Your house looks GREAT!!! I really wish we could have been there. I am sorry we missed all the fun! Life is kind-of a mess for us right now. I am so sorry we didn't make it!

    ReplyDelete

UnMaintained Thoughts