There was a craft fair at work. Employees were invited to have their own booths to show off and potentially sell their own creations. They've had a craft fair there before. It's not like it was a new idea. I've even gone to them a couple times to look at some of the outside talents that my co-workers have. But this year's was different.
This year one of my own teammates participated. And she was selling her photography.
Standing at her booth, looking at her art, thumbing through her creativity made me realize something I hadn't really thought about for a while.
I missed making art.
Since Abby's birth, I've done some scrapbooking, various crafts, and some light photography. I've also started decorating our house. That's not quite creating art, but it certainly utilizes some of my creativity. But, I haven't really lost myself in an art project for a long, long time. Sigh. I miss it.
So, without even knowing it, my co-worker motivated me to start doing something creative. I gathered all of my photography, assessed it, cropped it, flipped some to black and white, loaded them online for printing - and started paying for the final product. I'm still working on how different final prints can turn out from the original digital look, but I'm learning. And at least I'm doing something creative.
I'm totally addictited to it right now. The time I spend on my photography is my favorite part of the day. Fun!
We've even been passing around photo blogs and artists of note at work. Check out this work on the abandoned buildings of Detroit. Wow!



You can look at more here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts