And then I take a deep breath and look at the big picture.
Recently I participated in a "difficult termination" at work. Understandably, especially in this economy, the person being fired was NOT happy. In fact he was downright disagreeable - hence the need to call Security.
Though I felt sorry for the gentleman, I could not help but be grateful that at least I still had a job. At least I would still be getting a pay check. At least I would still be able to afford my beautiful home. At least I would still be able to provide for my beautiful daughter. And, I at least have a great boss, some wonderful peers, and a nice enough job. It's certainly not perfect, but at least it's mine.
Not only am I lucky enough to have a job, and one that I like, but it comes with a whole lot of perks. Where else can I get a giant balloon bouquet, much less two? Where else can I get these little perks that make my kid smile and fill her whole room with happiness?

I am so lucky.
And so thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts