But I've got lots of things to catch up on. We've been busy.
I won free tickets to Disney's On Ice: Toy Story 3. I signed up for all available tickets and I wound up winning the ones for the Friday showing. Lordie was I mistaken for even suggesting Abby miss another "Fun Friday" at school to go to the Disney on Ice thing. She just couldn't give up her fun stuff on Friday at school for an actual production with "dancing on ice." She didn't want to go. So I went with Grammy instead. I was actually sick that day, but we still had some fun. I got cotton candy for myself - yoohoo. And the VSP box seats were fairly impressive. I had never been in box seats before. Grammy also thoroughly embarrassed me by yelling out to Goofy as he left the stage. "Bye, Goofy!" I swear the whole amphitheater turned to stare. Oy vey!

Abby also had her first school Valentines this February. As a parent who likes to focus on less fuss rather than more, I dug in my scrap book collection and actually pulled out valentines from more than 5 years ago. I handed them off to Abby and directed her to start writing her name on the from line. It took her almost three weekends to finish them. Go figure that she actually received the exact same set of valentines from her best friend. I guess the manufactures never really do through out things... Here's a picture of her loot from Valentine's Day.

During February we also hosted an Art Night at our house. Lee has actually been wanting to do art for some time now. So his sister and I got him art supplies for Christmas and/or his birthday. Throw in all the other supplies I already had, and we were well stocked for a art night. I even had a special project for Abby to work on with us. Our theme was to paint a sunset. Abby's stipulation was that it had to be a "beautiful" sunset. As if there's any other kind, kid. Really. So, we all made a sunset in our own way. Everyone had a good time and we'll probably have another art night soon.


Abby has been spending a lot of time practicing her bike riding skills. FINALLY! She's finally making use of the bike Lee made her. Finally. I don't think I can stress that enough. It's been two years or so since Lee made that beautiful bike, and she's only JUST NOW getting around to spending time on it. Kids!

We've also been super sick. Every other week. I swear I am so sick and tired of being so sick and tired. Argh! Kids!
I've also been spending a lot of time on my spare room, my soon-to-be craft room. I'll blog more about that later. So, stay tuned for that reveal coming up!
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts