
Spring was in full swing last week, (well, it’s been in full swing since the beginning of February really), and a lot of the trees were in blossom. The rain knocked a profusion of white petals to the ground. It looked like it had snowed. At work, there were tracks in the “snow” from carts and tires. It looked like ski tracks.
With the rain came a mass exodus of worms too. The first morning of rain, which was a Monday, I pulled into my parking spot at work. As soon as I opened my car door I could smell worm muck.
“And what does worm muck smell like,” Lee asked me, bemused. I said it smelt like dirt and wet band aids that had been on someone’s sore for too long. Ugh!
And sure enough, as I walked into the building, the parking lot, the side walks, the main entrance, everything was covered with alive and dead worms. It was almost impossible to take a step without stepping on at least one worm. Gag! There was a woman walking in ahead of me, her high heels clicking on the cement. She didn’t even notice that with every foot fall she was impaling 3 worms on her heel. By the time she reached the entrance, she had a worm kabob on each heel! Disgusting, I know!

Enjoy your spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts