
Recently Abby met a neighborhood girl, who was 8, and they hunkered down on the sidewalk to build a fairy house. The girl, an almost total stranger, began their conversation like this - "I hate to disappoint you, but the Tooth Fairy isn't real, you know. I found out with my last tooth that it was really my mom. I caught her red handed."

I watched Abby from where I was sitting. She barely reacted to the news. Afterward Abby approached me on the subject and expressed her thoughts. The girl just didn't believe enough in fairies and so they weren't real to her any more. "Oh," I said. "So do you believe in fairies?"
"Of course," she replied without hesitation.

So, as of age 5, Abby believes in the Easter Bunny and fairies and Santa. This Easter was one of magic still. The delight in finding hidden eggs and the surprise of the Easter basket left behind by the Easter Bunny. Sigh.
Oh, but I can feel time slipping away...
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts