Wednesday, February 11

Progress of Parks

Do you remember what an average park looked like when you were a kid? Well, they don't look like that now. Sheesh. New age, new fangled, weirdo stuff from the future, that's what parks these days look like. On the other hand, they're so darn colorful that they make for some great shots.





Abby had a playdate last week for the first time since before the holiday craziness. So it was good for her to interact with another little one: Matthew. Unfortunately, they still seem to be doing "parallel play" -- where they play next to one another but not with one another. Matthew's mom suggested we go to a new park around our area. It was a great suggestion. It took us all out of the "usual" parks to somewhere new. Abby had a blast climbing the "rock wall."





I do think she missed the swings though. This new-age park didn't have the traditional swing set. Instead, mini-hammock seats were stashed under slide platforms or anywhere else they'd fit. Kids couldn't swing side by side and moms couldn't push them. On one hand, I can see the benefit of the hammock seats, kids couldn't really fall and if they did they wouldn't fall far, but for every benefit there was a loss. I mean, come on. Most parents enjoy giving their kids a good push.

Man, I must be getting old.



No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts