This morning, someone on TV said something about "holidays" or something. Abby picked that word out and started asking about holidays. I told her that our next holiday is St. Patrick's Day, which is all about wearing green and pinching people who don't. I then proceeded to playfully and repeatedly "pinch" her while saying "pinch, pinch, pinch." She laughed and returned the favor, giggling as she squealed "pinch, pinch, pinch."
Then, I told her that the next holiday after that was Easter. She immediately said "Don't want to put it in the yellow bucket. Not put eggs in the yellow bucket." (She did, in fact, have a yellow bucket last year) I was a bit stunned and just stared at her, with a stupid, slack-jawed expression. I finally snapped out of it enough to ask if she remembered Easter from last year. She insisted she did, and gave further evidence to the fact by saying something about the Easter Bunny and that she shook his hand. (True) She also mentioned that Mommy, Daddy and Grammy were there, and Uncle Mikey was there at Grammy's house. (Also true)
It took a while, but I finally realized that she could be remembering seeing pictures, but even still, I am amazed at this kid's memory and her ability to make these connections. I don't know if it's out of the ordinary or not. Either way, I find it incredible.
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts