ANTS ANTS ANTS! Is there anything more annoying than ants in the home? They are the most persistent, pestilent, pestiferous pests imaginable. Worse than kids even.
Okay, how long has it been? A week at least. For a short time, I was beating them. But, out of sheer exhaustion, I was forced to call a truce for about two days. And as bird seed, flung fruit, Abby milk splatters, and dropped applesauce accumulated in nooks and crannies, the ants obviously didn't honor the truce. They got busy.
Now, I set out ant baits and other not-too-harmful things to try to get rid of the ants. (Did you know that cotton balls soaked in mint extract will supposedly repel ants for up to a foot in any direction? It doesn't kill them, but you can place it all around the area they're interested in, and it's kid/pet safe.) But with fresh fruit just lying around, it was apparent they preferred the real deal over poisoned bait. I set more than twelve baits around the house, inside and out, and I haven't witnessed a single ant on or in one. Blast it all, I think these are military ants trained for survival.
I'm not defeated yet, but I think I'm losing. This is waaaaaaaaaaay too exhausting!
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts