Tuesday, June 2

Bye Bye Ants; Hello Bubble Juice!

Jenn's kids are geniuses! According to Jenn, she went out for a day and left the house and the kids in Kurt's capable hands. While she was gone, ants began to invade her kitchen, and the kids discovered an instant ant destroyer: bubbles! Apparently, they started to blow bubbles at the ants until there were no more ants and the kitchen floor was covered in bubble goo. Kurt and the kids began to think up marketing ideas for their non-pesticide ant killer -- and they should keep at it! It worked great!!

I tried it Memorial weekend. Instead of using liquid dish soap, as Jenn's kids did, I grabbed one of Abby's giant bottles of bubble juice and painted the liquid all along the ant trail. For fun, I dripped small drops from my brush onto each individual ant. In delighted fascination I watched as the ant's foot got stuck and it tried to clean away the thick goo only to wind up getting the stuff around its head and presumably suffocating from there. Yes! (Okay, I know. How undignified to take such delight in the suffering of another creature, but I can't help myself. I've been at war with these ants for the last month and a half. I enjoyed seeing them writhe in agony. Ha ha!) Anyway, once I saw the effectiveness of the bubble juice, I lined their trail with it. Then I painted the general area of their exploration until the floor around Abby's chair and Io's cage was thoroughly covered. And I let it sit there. Okay, it got pretty gross, but at least it wasn't toxic stuff all over the kitchen floor. It was just bubble juice (and dust, and dirt, and of course, Io food and Abby crumbs).

I only had to reapply twice more and I haven't seen an ant in the kitchen since! Yahoo! Okay, Kurt and Jenn, you need to market bubble juice as ant killer now! You'll make millions.

Then to top it off, to make certain the war was well and truly mine, Mom stopped by last weekend to spray for ants all around the foundation of the house. I haven't seen a single ant in two days. Yesssssss!

So listen up, all you Doubting-Toms, try liquid soap the next time you get ants. It's a whole lot safer for the environment, the kids, and the pets than toxic chemicals. And when it works for you, send Jenn and Kurt (and their kids) five bucks for their brilliant idea! Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts