Tuesday, June 9

Quickie -- Oh Crap!

So I was walking past Abby's room when I casually glanced around to judge just how long I should give for clean-up time, 10 minutes or an hour, when a strange shape and color caught my eye. What ho? A stain on the rug? A broken toy? I did a double take and gasped. It couldn't be! Could it? You be the judge:



In seconds, as I entered the room, my mind replayed countless tales from fellow moms regarding their little angels removing their own diapers and pooping on the carpet or crib or car or wherever. In total denial and disbelief (how could we not have noticed her bulging diaper or complete lack of one?) I stepped closer to the brown log. I can't believe what I am seeing, I thought, because it did indeed look like poop. I even went so far as to kneel next to it to examine it up close and personal. Know what it was?

Two rocks, almost identical in color with one even being ovoid shaped. Abby left them resting right beside one another, possibly in an attempt to make her mother go insane just a little bit faster. I can't tell you how ridiculously long it took me to identify them as rocks and not poop. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts