Wednesday, January 20

A Barbie Called Wanda

Last Christmas, we had a "roast" at work. All the managers got together and proceeded to roast their employees one by one. For a second year, I was roasted with a tiara and Barbie princess doll. The joke was that during my 1st year, I was dubbed the "department princess" because I was very agreeable to work with. Well, duh. Everyone learning the ropes should be agreeable to work with. During my 3rd year, my tiara was stripped from me and given to the newest "department princess." Ouch! But this last year, I was crowned again. Though I was now called the "30 something department princess." Dang, that was rough! And with the title came another stupid Barbie doll.

So I gave it to Abby. Of course, we didn't call it a Barbie. We let Abby pick her name. Abby thought for a minute and named her Wanda.

That's Lee's mother's name. Awwwww.

Well, Wanda was the new "it" toy for about a week, but then she got tossed to the bottom of the toy bin and there she stayed.

When I came home from work today, I saw Wanda was being played with again. I sat down with Abby and listened to the conversation she was having between Wanda and Friend Seal. I watched for a minute and suddenly remembered I had old Barbie dresses packed away in the garage. And I knew right where there were. So I dug them out and showed Abby how to dress Wanda.

Here's a cloak Grammy had made for my Barbies when I was like 8.



Here's a beautiful dress Grammy had made long ago too.



And another one. Grammy made awesome outfits. And I still had them! Abby's showing us how she can dance with Wanda.



Check out this one! Grammy gave this to me long ago, but it had belonged to her when she was a little girl. Look at that print! Talk about old!



And I think Wanda is the new "it" toy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts