Sunday, January 17

The Woes of an Only Child

Lee's aunt was recently hospitalized for complications from phenomena. He's been spending some time at the hospital. Left home alone with Abby, I've been trying to keep her entertained with various projects. Inevitably, though, I do need to complete a few basic tasks - like taking a shower.

I had left her alone in her room to play for a few minutes when I heard her enter the bathroom and say, "Mom, could you peek out for a minute."

"Sure," I replied as I opened the curtain and popped my head out to better hear her. "What's up?"

"Mom, I just realized something. I realized that you're my friend, and when you're not with me, I don't have any fun."

Oh, man. Sometimes I am so full of guilt that she doesn't have a little brother or sister. Does it get any easier for an only child?

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts