Friday, February 26

I PASSED!

Well, my big CPP test was last Thursday. (In case you don't remember, I have been studying for the CPP test for several months now. I was suppose to take the test before the end of the year, but that just didn't happen. It got pushed to the end of February instead. And, in case you don't remember, I took the CPP (Certified Protection Professional) test primarily for career advancement.)

After three nights of cramming until 2 am or later, drinking excessive amounts of caffeine products, and snacking past midnight, I'm exhausted, stiff and sore, and my stomach is sooooooooo upset. But I did it.

What was the test like?

I had to drive to a tiny shop, show them my ID, have them finger print me, and then sit at a computer for 4 hours to answer 225 questions. All the questions were multiple choice.

This was unequivocally the worst standardized test I've ever taken. The questions were poorly worded, either too verbose or too general. But what I truly despised about the test was that too many questions would ask for the best answer. In other words, three out of the four available answers would usually be a correct fit for the question, but I was suppose to select the best one. Now isn't best a subjective question?

Here's what my study table looked like:

Note the cans of Mt. Dew!

With huge gratitude, I want to say thank you to my support group. First there's my study buddy and fabulous husband. The night before the test, at 2:15 am, I looked over at him sitting across from me, the study guide in his hand, his voice husky and dry as he quizzed me yet again, his eyes bleary and blood-shot, his face expressionless with exhaustion, and I couldn't stop thinking how much I love and appreciate this man. And second, there's my mom. She took Abby for two days and two nights so that Lee and I could get the most cramming in. Mom claims that Abby was good the whole time, but sometimes I wonder... Anyway, if it wasn't for Lee's help, I know I wouldn't have passed. And if it wasn't for mom watching Abby, I know Lee wouldn't have been able to help me as much as he did. What a awesome support group! Thank you guys!!

Now I can sleep, settle my stomach, go get the kid I missed so much, and enjoy the fact that I passed!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now take a big deep breath and relax! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete

UnMaintained Thoughts