"Uh huh," I mumble, not really paying attention to the 100th dinosaur conversation before noon.
"They're called birds," she continues without pause. "Birds are actually dinosaurs. Of course, dinosaurs are dead millions of years ago, but birds are still alive."
"Uh huh."
"Did you know," Abby states, "that there are dinosaurs footprints in my pretend house? They're called track ways. I see four."
"Mmm hmmmm."
"Did you know," she drones on, "that their bones are so old they turned to rock? They died a long time ago."
"Ahhhhh!"
What have we gotten ourselves into? Here I was praising the educational benefit of Dinosaur Train a little while ago, and now I just want it to go away! I'd be happy if just the dinosaur talk went away. I mean the show is suppose to be about dinosaurs and trains. Where is all the train talk? Why is it just dinosaur this and dinosaur that?

This is Abby's drawing of a fossilized bird. She told us a whole story about how this bird lived and died. A long time ago. When dinosaurs were still alive.
I think I'll take her to the train museum this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts