Wednesday, September 8

One Poopy Book



My brother got me a book entitled "How to Shiznit in the Woods." I'm somewhat of a bathroom afficionado. Whenever I'm somewhere new, I try to scope out the nearest bathroom, assess it from the outside, and mark its location in my mind for future reference. And I'm not just talking about camping. I know a lot of good rest stops along major highways; I know a lot of good restaurants, wineries, and stores with excellent bathrooms. And in my opinion some of the best bathrooms in the world are in Las Vegas, Nevada. In and around Loon Lake, I know of dozens of naturally perfect pee places, where the clean port-a-potties are, and where all the best outhouses are - even the one with a view. So I know my potties. And I appreciated the book.

Mostly the book was a lot of fluff and BS, including some basic history about poop. But there was a lot of stuff in there that was pretty interesting. There were quite a few things that I didn't know and/or had never heard about. A couple things were down right disgusting, like "frosting a rock" and using a stir stick because, apparently, smashed poop is better than whole poop. For decomposing reasons. Nice, huh?

A lot of women ask me how I can go camping all the time. Apparently the female aspect of camping, and thus peeing and pooping in the woods, astounds and perplexes them. The book addresses this issue as well. The author interviews many world travelers who in turn point to the different potty systems, and their cultural significance, from around the world. After all, porcelain thrones and little wads of toilet paper aren't used across the globe. And other potty options do translate well for woodland use.

I, for one, learned some good tips and tricks, and if you're interested in brushing up on your bush peeing skills, I recommend checking out this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts