Monday, November 15

Spiders on My Mind

So we're FINALLY moved. We have arrived.

And we are sooooooo exhausted. We wound up needing to make two trips in the rental truck. It worked out fine money-wise, but we damn near killed ourselves and our friends and family who were helping because we went double speed to make that second trip before the rental place closed and charge us for another day. We just made it too. Whew. But everyone who helped was exhausted. We all stared at each other with glossy, blank eyes. Lee and I offered dinner for everyone but most declined. I think they were all sick of us and our junk.

The last things to go were the patio set and a lot of garage items that hadn't seen the light of day for a while. Needless to say we saw a lot of spiders. All of us saw at least one black widow. We killed what we could but threw in whatever had a death grip on the items we were taking.

At some point along the way, either from our stuff or at the new house, Lee got bit. By what, we don't know. But whatever it was, he had quite a reaction to it. Check out the swelling he had to suffer through from the bite on his ankle:



After seeing that I couldn't stop thinking about spiders. I googled spider bites to see if Lee should go to the hospital. Pretty much everything said that if symptoms get worse or don't improve after three days, then he should go to the doctors. That relieved me some, but I couldn't stop feeling little wisps of hair tickle my neck and I immediately think a spider is crawling on me. When I woke up the next morning, guess what was on the ceiling directly over me? A big ol' SPIDER of course. And then, when Lee and I were loading up for a trip to the dump, a GIANT black widow was sitting as pretty as you please on the tie down straps right where Lee was going to move his arm. Yikes! And then, when I was cleaning the old house, I watched a smallish spider drop with grace from his web at about eye level down to the bathroom sink right in front of me. I watched him for a moment when my eye caught other movement in the bathroom mirror. It was another spider, bigger, and dropping fast on its own line. In horror, I realized the angle was such that it was dropping from the ceiling right above my head. Egads, I couldn't seem to get away from them! It's like they knew they could reclaim the old house now that we were gone.

Anyone ever google spider bite images? Don't! They're disgusting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts