Saturday, April 16

Two Amazing Women

This month my best friend, Jenn, lost her mother to cancer. I didn't allow myself to cry for a long time. It made me remember, all too clearly, how it felt to lose my dad. So I bottled it all in for a while and tried to reach out to my friend. I wanted nothing more than to give her a big hug.

Jenn is such an amazing woman. She chose to give her mother's eulogy - a super courageous thing to do. And it was beautifully written too. She delivered it with pride and love. Oh, and did I mention that she had three kids to help through this too - while being 7 months pregnant? Amazing!

You know what? That's how Jenn described her mother: Linda was one amazing woman. Jenn learned a lot from her.

I love you, Jenn.

1 comment:

UnMaintained Thoughts