Monday, August 8

Criminal Minds


Yes, that's me.

Apparently a group at work had these lying around after a Halloween party and thought that security, my group, would get a kick out of it. Well... they were right! We had a blast taking pictures!

So, where's all the gossip and BS that I occasionally post about work? What's the haps at VSP? Well, I've maintained radio silence for one major reason - they've found my blog!

Bart, easily the best boss I've ever had, decided to make it his mission to find my blog. Now, I'm the type of person who prefers to keep my personal life separate from my work life. I immediately feel uncomfortable if a co-worker asks about my kid, even if it's in passing and innocently asked. I just don't like discussing family at work. So, the idea that my blog could easily be passed around from co-worker to co-worker makes me sick to my stomach.

So I hid my blog. It's actually fairly simple to do. I made it impossible for a search engine to find it. I didn't mark my blog as "private" - that allows only invited guests to see your blog. I just kept it under the radar. Unsearchable. I hid it in plain sight among millions of other sites. Easy pie.

But Bart's determination to find my blog got the best of him. He searched and searched, as I mentioned it would be impossible to hand search through millions of sites, so I was confident he wouldn't find it. But then he got frustrated and cheated.

He asked two of the brightest on our team to help him search for my blog. And they found my one weakness. My best friend's blog links to mine. Her blog is searchable and thus easy to find. Once they remembered that my friend had visited VSP, and left her name in a log book, they used her name to search for her blog and voila! They discovered my blog.

I gotta tell you, I've always been careful of what I've said about work stuff before. Just in case someone from VSP ever stumbled upon it. But now, when I know people at work can read my blog, I don't feel comfortable saying anything!

We'll see if I get over it... And, yes, my boss is a stinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts