Friday, March 2

Blooming

I complain about Abby a lot. I know it.

I had a really bad moment recently where I blurted out to Abby, "Can't you be more mature?" Or something to that effect. Lee immediately barked, "What?!?" Erggggh. My mistake, absolutely. As I just pointed out in my previous post - my kid is five. What was I even thinking? (Well, truthfully, I had had a rough day at work dealing with immature people and politics, and I had certainly come home still frustrated with it.)

Honestly, I love my kid, and I am so proud of her. She is an amazing little person, and I enjoy witnessing her character grow. It's amazing to think that just two years ago she couldn't do this or that. She didn't "get" jokes. She couldn't understand concepts like privacy or "bad guys." Now she does, and she's into so many different things.

She plays music with daddy. She loves books. She loves art.



She loves dinosaurs!



She loves science - geology, paleontology, vulcanology, biology, astronomy.

She loves school.

She loves poetry. She loves jokes - especially dinosaur jokes! She loves dancing.

We're encouraging her on the computer too.



We want her to be totally comfortable with it - as a tool. Right now she's enjoying the Dinosaur Train website. Her favorite game is sorting shapes through a gem hunt. She knows it all already. There's nothing new on the entire site for her because we introduced it to her a while ago. However then, we were controlling the mouse for her. Now though, it's all her. Her hand-eye coordination has improved, and she has more finesse moving the mouse.

We also recently attended a Science Night at Abby's school, put on by the team from Mad Science. It was fairly fun. There was an optical illusions table, a fun with magnets table, a make your own slime table, and a fun with dry ice and bubbles table. My favorite was the dry ice, but Abby seemed too intimidated by the rambunctious group at that table or by the Mad Scientist in charge. She really liked the optical illusions table. She likes it when her "eyes plays tricks" on her.





Ain't she just too cute? Man, I love my kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts