Thursday, September 20

A Year For Amusement Parks



This is the year for amusement parks for us.

VSP just had their company picnic at 6 Flags. I got to bring my family for a day of fun in the sun for FREE! Best price around. VSP paid for parking and for tickets into the park. We also got early admission into the park, the use of the park’s private picnic area, and free lunch + treat. It was great!

We were so proud of Abby too! We last took her when she was 2. It was awful. She didn’t “get” the rides. She was too young to be “wowed” by the animals. She was also a handful, so much so that Lee and I never got to enjoy any rides for ourselves. We left early and cursed even going. But this year? It was awesome! Abby was soooo excited. She ohhh and awed, she giggled and laughed, she went with the flow, she tried new rides.

This is how Abby walked through the butterfly world. She was dying to have a butterfly land on her. They never did, but she was dedicated to making it happen:


She was up for anything, and Lee and I loved it! As a family, we had a blast. I even got to ride the new Superman ride and Lee rode Medusa.  
 

Here's Abby with a lot of the sea creatures. At one point, as we stared into the shark tank, Abby wanted to know why they put an exit sign in the tank with the sharks. Lee and I laughed and explained that it was only a reflection from the exit sign behind us. It was too cute.


Here's her expressions while watching the shows:
 



Later in the day we hooked up with Ana, a friend of mine from work whom Lee has met on a couple different occasions. She had brought her niece, Amia, so we all felt comfortable hanging with each other.



Abby especially enjoyed having another little girl around. Poor Abby still hasn’t had much opportunity hanging out with other little kids. Here’s all the girls on a water ride. We got soaked. This one seemed to have unnerved Abby more than the rest. There was only a belt holding you down and you fall pretty steeply. But I held her hand and made sure to laugh loudly all the way down.


I think seeing my reaction was the most calming thing for her.

Abby was super brave all day. She even rode on some rides by herself!! I’m telling you, I am so proud of that kid. Her confidence has grown so much.


 

Ok, so that’s one amusement park down. Next is Disneyland! That’s right, folks. We’re going to Disneyland next!! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts