Tuesday, December 18

Quickie -- The Flaming Cake

Lee cracked me up on my birthday this year. Of course I wanted a cake for my birthday. I mean, come on. I don’t mind if there’s no presents or special event or party. But I want a cake, man! I’m a sugar fiend and anytime there’s an excuse for cake, I take it! Thankfully Lee knows this and had a cake ready when I got home from work.

But what cracked me up was that he put one candle for all of my many years on the cake – minus one. He declared that we both are officially frozen in time and will get no older. Now, for me, I didn’t care about this year’s birthday. It’s not a milestone for me. But this year’s birthday for Lee will be a big one; hence, his desire to freeze the passage of time. Poor guy.

Once I saw the flaming top of my cake, I readily agreed to play along. I don’t want to add any more candles either!


Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts