We were in line at the drive thu of one of the fast food joints that was located right next door to a Leatherby's. Abby was certainly familiar with Letherby's. It's not a place a kid will easily forget.
As we waited in line at the drive thru, Abby very politely asked if we would be going to Leatherby's for dessert. I politely said no and waited for the inevitable pleading, crying, whining, begging, negotiating or just plain old demanding that would follow. I was surprised by a full minute of silence. I'm guessing Abby was weighing her options and determining which one would mostly likely get her what she wanted.
So I was completely surprised when Abby said, still in a polite voice, "Mommy, when you have a minute, could you please look around at me?"
Utterly caught off guard, I turned in my seat to look at her.
With a mischievous smile, she waved her hand in front of her and said, "You will take me to Leatherby's."
I died laughing.

No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts