Monday, February 18

It's Been Forever

The month of January has flown by and February is more than half over. It's ridiculous that I only managed to post three entries last month and none this month. But there's a reason for it.

I got a new job.

Now, I still work at VSP. I just transferred departments and got a promotion to boot. In my opinion its not much of a promotion, more like a lateral move, because I've already been doing this level of work only without the pay and bonuses. So that's good. The flip side is that this department is much larger than security and has a much more prominent role throughout the company. I am now the facilities supervisor. Yay.



I've got two large challenges with this new role. One is that the subject matter is different, and I have to learn an entire new field. This is challenging but one that I am more than willing to take on. I’m excited to learn new stuff. The other is the new manager I’ll be reporting to. We have totally different styles. It’s clear that we want the same end results, but how we get there and what we push to take us there are totally different. Frankly, this is the challenge that worries me the most. I’m just not sure what will come of this.

So, if you notice a big difference in my attitude and tone of voice over the course of the next couple months, you’ll know why. As you can already see, it has impacted the number of posts I put out. Hopefully I’ll keep the complaining and whining down to a minimum and just report on family fun stuff. But we’ll see.

Wish me luck.

And Jenn, if you're reading, this is the one we discussed oh so long ago. There was a change in the final negotiations, and I just went for it. I hope in a year or two I'll be glad I made this change... There's only one way to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts