Argh! It's been forever again. Hopefully I'll get back in the groove...
I just wrote my best friend a nice letter, after getting such a wonderful one from her, that I felt inspired (look, Jenn, I'm using that word again - inspired!) to finally write a post.
In February, yes February, Mike and I took Abby to the snow. Ahhh, snow fun. It was good to get up to our favorite mountain and say hello to it's it slept under its winter blanket. It was so quiet and peaceful. I was really hoping we'd see a bald eagle or something cool. Bald eagles are really making a come back up there. Mike and I see them a couple times a year, usually whenever or as soon as Mike stows his camera! But no, we saw nothing spectacular.
We did, however, find an igloo. Yes, someone made an igloo down near the lake. It was the perfect size for a kid. Abby was thrilled. Here are some pics from the inside and out.
We later found out, from a family hiking past, that some kids had made it. It only took them a couple hours, they said.
Mike and I then lead Abby to some good slopes. Abby was my little adventurer, holding nothing back. Not only did I get a kick out of her, but so did Mike. She was a real pleasure to have around. She didn't complain about the cold or her wet butt or needing to pee every other second. When she slid down a slope, she screamed with delight, caught her breath, then rolled off and grabbed the sled and lugged it all the way back up the hill. She didn't whine about carrying the sled, she didn't whine about her turn, she didn't act like a drama queen when she got hurt. I'm telling you, I love it when I can enjoy being with my little girl. Grammy gave her a disposable camera for the day as well, something she had been hoarding and not using for a couple years! We'll see if it's any good. But Abby got a kick out of using her own camera, and I got a kick out of snapping some photos of my little one taking photos. Toooooooooooo cute!


It was a grand day.






No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts