This week we had a planned fire drill at work. When the alarm rang I grabbed my sunglasses and headed outside into the beautiful day. This particular day was our largest drill where all 4 buildings on campus evacuated. With that said, needless to say, we were outside for a looooooong time. It was a wonderful break for me because it was my first fire drill where I didn't have to do anything, and it was the first 30 minute break I've had to do nothing but enjoy the day. Ahhhh, glorious.
However, when it was time to come back in, I took off my sunglasses and looked around at some of my coworkers. One of them did a double take and stared at me.
"Christina, do you have scars under your eyes? Where did those come from?"
Unfortunately I knew exactly what he was talking about because I had start to notice the same thing about 6 months ago. I shook my head and smiled sadly. "No, they're not scars. I'm losing the elasticity in my skin and my sunglasses left their mark."
Sigh.
How old am I? I'm old. When did I get this old? I just don't know... Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment
UnMaintained Thoughts