Wednesday, May 22

Another Open House

Abby had her 1st grade Open House last week. It was great to see all of the art and school work on the walls and all over the desks and tables.


We had also spent the week before completing Abby's first ever diorama so that it could be displayed for Open House. It was quite a debacle as two perfectionists clashed. Lee actually HAD to fix the floor of the box just so that it would look "decent". Gawd.


I'm so proud of my first, but soon to be second, grader. She's done an amazing job this year. Here's the shot of the ant farm we purchased for Abby's class to enjoy thanks to Abby's suggestion.


After making the rounds in her room, we decided to take a peek at a 2nd grade room. Amazement of amazements, the room we went into had a display table of fossils! Abby was in heaven! Thanks to that one teacher's room, Abby is now positive she'll get to learn about dinosaurs, fossils and paleontology in 2nd grade. She's now uber excited to move on to the next grade. Yay!


We also learned that Abby's teacher wants to follow Abby to the 2nd grade and request her for her class. Lee is pleased with this turn of events. I'm a little put off. I think it's a little weird. I mean, I've heard of it before, especially in elementary grades. Teachers have that flexibility. And it's understandable that good students validate all the hard work teachers do. So I understand there's nothing but good intentions on her part, but I'm still a little weirded out that some other adult wants to stalk my kid into another year of her life. Hmmmm.


Just something to keep my eye on, I guess. Whatever happens though, I know she's a dedicated teacher who wants nothing but the best for Abs. And I can't say enough how proud I am of my little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts