Saturday, April 4

Grammy's Birthday

Abby was extremely excited about Grammy's birthday. At one point she started dancing and repeating "going to Grammy's birthday" over and over. Eventually, I had to ask why Abby was sooooooo captivated with Grammy's birthday, especially since, as I took great pains to explain in length, any presents there would be for Grammy and not for Miss Abigail. No, it wasn't the presents she was interested in, she replied with a gleaming toothy grin, it was the cake! She knew enough about birthdays to understand that the cake would be shared. So if we were going then she would get some cake.

Ahhhhh, well that explained it. Now I wonder which sugar-toothed parent she gets that from?

Anyway, Grammy's birthday cake was the talk of the party. It was gorgeous. For the aforementioned "Scarf Party" we recently attended, mom and I commissioned the cake for that party from a specialty cake store. Mom simultaneously contracted her birthday cake from them as well. She wanted them to emulate one of her Fenton glass pieces: a white basket with delicate purple violets. Though the consensus was that the cake maker didn't quite pull it off, it was still beautiful and the basket weave frosting on the side demonstrated superb skill.

Abby certainly approved!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts