Tuesday, October 26

Fishing For Aliens

We took Abby to a Halloween Festival at Safetyville last weekend. It was a costume event, and I hadn't finished Abby's outfit yet. She wanted to be a lion. I stayed up super late the night before just to finish her mane - and it turned out awful. I was so disappointed. On the other hand, it wasn't the finished product. Maybe I could improve it before Halloween?

Please don't laugh!


Anyway, Abby had fun. Everyone there spoke to her and said she was a great lion. They asked her if she could roar for them. She did.

One of her favorite games at the festival was a fishing game. It was the old idea - giant piece of plywood painted like water with fish swimming. Then you give the kid a fishing pole and they throw the string over the top, wiggle it, then pull it back over with a prize attached. Abby loved it. She kept getting little toy aliens. We asked her if she was done yet and she kept asking to do it again and again. Finally after four little aliens we asked her why she wanted more and she said she wanted to keep going until she caught a fish!

It was a nice little festival - and the tickets were free from work. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UnMaintained Thoughts